Vintage dates for wine enthusiasts
LE BRISTOL PARIS WINE MONDAYS NEW SEASON
Le Bristol Paris, a pearl of Oetker Collection, launches a new season of the acclaimed Wine Mondays, eight key dates for anyone professing an interest in vines and terroir, wishing to celebrate pleasure and fine quality. France’s most talented winemakers and selected vintages are introduced over a gastronomic dinner prepared by the many Michelin starred Eric Frechon.
One Monday a month, Le Bristol’s Head Sommelier, Bernard Neveu, and his team of ten sommeliers, invite us to meet winemakers from the Loire Valley to Alsace, the Bordeaux estates and the slopes of Champagne to discover their finest production. This programme showcases wines crafted with passion and promises some outstanding revelations.
On these convivial evenings winemakers reveal their techniques, present tastings, and enthusiastically discuss their craft. Complementing the terroir, three-Michelin-star Chef Eric Frechon designs a special four-course menu.
Le Bristol Paris’ sommeliers Bernard Neveu and his team say: “These evenings are lovely moments of pleasure and discussion. We select the wines we love, produced by talented professionals whose work we admire. It is a greater pleasure to enjoy these favorites with dishes composed by another passionate craftsman, Chef Eric Frechon. This is a unique opportunity to discover a terroir, a domain and a wine presented by those who know it best, since they made it.”
Le Bristol Paris holds the highly prestigious Wine Spectator Grand Award, which recognises the best wine lists in the world, applauding Neveu’s collection of noble vintages and the more audacious choices from passionate French wine makers.
To extend the tasting, the featured wine will be highlighted on 114 Faubourg’s menu for the duration of the following month.
Price: €140 per guest
1st October 2018 – Loire Valley
Domaine Jérôme Bretaudeau
Passionate young winemaker Jérôme Bretaudeau has a unique approach: he organically grows over 10 grape varieties on 12 ha (30 ac) of vines spread over four regions in Muscadet, in the Loire Valley, to create a variety of vintages, each with its own story. A beautiful discovery and a strong renewal of this appellation.
5th November 2018 – Jura
Domaine André and Mireille Tissot
This estate, created in 1962, is now helmed by the immensely talented winegrower Stéphane Tissot. By cultivating his estate biodynamically, Tissot is able to produce wines with a rare intensity. By perpetually exploring the terroirs of the Jura, he has become a true French icon, producing no less than 28 unique and singular cuvées. An exciting dive into the world of great Jura wines.
3rd December 2018 – Alsace
Domaine Albert Boxler
At the head of this beautiful estate, half of which is Grand Cru classified, Jean Boxler demonstrates the full range of his prodigious talent. By prioritizing the characteristics of his terroirs, the winemaker displays great precision and rigor, from tending the vineyard to the winemaking process. Boxler’s wines are pure and chiseled with a unique resonance, unequaled to this day, as exemplified by his majestic Sommerberg.
4th February 2019 – Provence
The unique terroir of Domaine Tempier is nestled at the heights of Toulon, in Plan du Castellet. Pioneers in Bandol, the Peyraud family, with manager Daniel Ravier, produce wines of exceptional quality. The sun-drenched 38-ha (94-ac) vineyard blossoms in the wind with the Mediterranean at its feet. Tourtine, Migoua, Cabassaou—three names for three cuvées, each from a different parcel of this magnificent estate and each promising a range of emotions and incredibly long finishes.
11th March 2019 – Bordeaux
Few winemakers have mastered the Merlot grape like the Mitjavile family. Established since 1987 in princely fashion on the right bank of the Bordeaux vineyards, Mitjavile wines now embody rural values of high-end French viticulture with singular panache.
Pushing aside the clichés of certain St Emilions, François Mitjavile, succeeded by his son Louis, offers fragrant wines with smooth and flattering tannins, while maintaining remarkable accuracy and strength. Several appellations that all strive for excellence.
1st April 2019 – Champagne
Since 1750, the Gimonnet family has produced magnificent blanc de blancs Champagnes combining purity and elegance at the heart of the Côte des Blancs in the kingdom of Chardonnay. Didier Gimonnet has mastered the art of crafting great Champagnes with a timeless, immediately identifiable style, as well reinventing himself as a pioneer in the field of parcel winemaking to capitalise on the terroir’s famous minerality.
13th May 2019 – Burgundy
Domaine de La Vougeraie
Founded only 20 years ago, this estate quickly rose to become a benchmark for Burgundian biodynamic viticulture. Domaine de La Vougeraie, owned by the influential Boisset family, comprises 67 plots in the most beautiful Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune villages, including Chambolle Musigny and Puligny Montrachet. The truly iconic Domaine de La Vougeraie has, among other fine qualities, a monopoly of the first-class white Vougeot Le Clos Blanc Premier Cru, a truly legendary wine.
10th June 2019 – Roussillon
Clos des Fées
Domaine du Clos des Fées, set in Vingrau in the heart of Roussillon, is inextricably associated with Hervé Bizeul, a wizard winemaker who is perpetually inspired and inspiring, as well as being a talented writer. Bizeul has become Roussillon’s Renaissance man, forever discovering new horizons to create star cuvées produced in small quantities in the image of his La Petite Sibérie.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
The Oetker Collection is the most inspiring selection of masterpiece hotels in the world. Distinguished by the finest traditions of European hospitality, each property is iconic and one-of-a-kind, delivering unparalleled guest recognition while offering unique and memorable experiences to affluent and astute travellers. Always concerned by protecting the environment, Oetker Collection is constantly reinforcing its environmental commitment. Thus, the Collection is an active member of the “UN Global Compact”, the largest global effort for the Corporate Social Responsibility.
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic property of excellence nestled in the heart of the French Riviera, boasting breath taking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – St Barths – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- Jumby Bay Island – a private and heavenly island in the Caribbean; its personality knows how to capture the imagination and reveals the island’s natural beauty.
- The Lanesborough – classically British service in a remarkably vibrant and elegant London residence.
- Palácio Tangará – surrounded by the Burle Marx Park, a veritable oasis in the centre of São Paulo’s vibrant urban landscape, Palácio Tangará brings an exclusive new concept to the destination.
- Masterpiece Estates –Masterpiece Estates offers the most exclusive experiences with a dedicated host within the breath taking surroundings of some of the most beautiful Estates in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Eden Being – the lifestyle brand of Oetker Collection. Eden Being captures memories for our guests through the fusion of art, experiences and exceptional products. In our hotel boutiques and online, Eden Being curates exquisite gifts, signature products and exclusive limited editions inspired by the hotels and their destinations. edenbeing.com