11 WAYS TO REDUCE AND REMOVE STRESS
- Start your day with a good breakfast or antioxidant smoothie which stabilizes blood sugar fluctuations. Fluctuating blood sugar stresses out our Physical body. Also, hunger creates further stress. Make sure that you eat a healthy diet, remember, you are what you eat.
- Have a warm magnesium salt bath to relax your muscles after a busy day. The heat can help to relax muscles and sooth the mind as well.
- Don’t forget to exercise daily for at least 30 minutes. Activity such as Yoga, Pilates and walking helps you to take a break from your stressful reality. Additionally it regulates your breathing, helping you to breathe in and out deeply and properly again.
- Walk on the beach to reconnect with mother earth for grounding. Studies show that beach walking helps to decrease the inflammation in your body.
- Get enough sleep, and sleep as early as possible as it’s the easiest way to balance your nervous system and your mind without doing anything.
- Get a massage. Massages help the body to release endorphins.
- Make sure that you take some time off and balance your nervous system during the day with meditation or different kinds of relaxing techniques to reconnect with yourself and mind. Stress makes you stop breathing efficiently, and creates tiredness because our cells can no longer exchange the oxygen they need to function best. Explore breathing techniques such as Pranayama if you have time. Or try Biofeedback therapy, which helps you to detect an imbalance of your nervous system and is something you can practice in your office.
- Press on the Shenmen point on both ears with your fingers. This traditional Chinese Medicine acupressure point helps you to relax. It is similar to self-reflexology. Press this point and slowly count up to 5, repeat the action 2-3 times.
- Take a vacation when you can as a reward for working so hard. It’s a great way to restore your energy.
- Think positively. Positive thinking helps us cope with the stress that surrounds us, and it prepares us for important opportunities in the future.
- Admire and appreciate yourself everyday with small things you have done. Don’t forget to nurture your inner child.
Submitted by Ms. Nantika Sonyam – Senior Health & Wellness Advisor0