SANGHA Retreat by OCTAVE Institute
SANGHA Retreat is an innovative health and wellness retreat, close to the global hub of Shanghai, yet perfectly situated on the serene Yangcheng Lake, located in the enchanting destination of Suzhou. Combining Eastern wisdom backed by Western science, guests experience an awakening to a life of greater personal wellbeing through the understanding of the relationship between mind, body and spirit, leading to lasting transformation. With a focus on raising consciousness, it has been created for the need of our time by visionary Fred Tsao, fourth- generation shipping magnate and family business steward.
Known as the “Venice of the East,” Suzhou is one of the oldest cities in the Yangtze Basin, dating back 2,500 years. It is home to thousand-year-old temples; water towns with canals and boats; classical gardens, nine of which are on the UNESCO World Heritage List; restaurants famous for local fish, vegetables and Suzhou noodles; and shops renowned for high-quality silk and embroidery.
The city sits in China’s Jiangsu Province, at the center of the Yangtze River Delta, and SANGHA Retreat is a 1.5 hour-drive from Shanghai.
AT ONE Clinic
A wellness center of international standards founded on Western and Chinese integrated and functional treatments, the clinic offers holistic health and lifestyle solutions to balance and integrate the mind, body and spirit. Comprehensive wellness assessments determine each guest’s personalized program to address the six habits of life: eating, breathing, sleeping, movement, thinking and awareness. A customized wellness plan is then developed to determine the optimum diet, treatments, and activities that will help to achieve meaningful and impactful results. Our experts are available throughout each stay for the most beneficial and fulfilling experience and to help guests achieve a new level of mental and physical wellbeing.
AT ONE Accommodations
Blending intuitive design with stunning natural vistas, SANGHA Retreat’s 68 suites and villas provide luxurious comfort and calming minimalism, complementing the wellness programs and enhancing your journey.
- 41 (570-sq-ft) Junior Suites with King beds, living area and balcony
- 13 (570-sq-ft) Junior Suites with Twin beds, living area and balcony
- 3 (915-sq-ft) Spa Suites with direct elevator access to the AT ONE Healing Spa. Spa Suites feature separate living area, Thai massage bed, outdoor deck, and chromotherapy shower with needle and rain shower heads and steam.
- 2 (1,420-sq-ft) One-Bedroom Lakeview Premier Suites
- 1 (2,130-sq-ft) Two-Bedroom Lakeview Penthouse (1 King; 1 bedroom with 2 Queens)
- 7 (4,300-sq-ft) 4-bedroom lakeside villa
- 1 (8,600-sq-ft) 7-bedroom lakeside villa
- Quartz crystal mandalas under each bed to enhance the flow of energy through the body and clear the mind of negativity. Crystals are cleansed and replaced after each stay.
- Curved ceilings to promote the flow of positive energy throughout the room.
- All-organic Egyptian cotton bedding and allergen-free woven rugs
- Menu of pillow offerings to promote a good night’s sleep regardless of sleeping style or preferences
- Bedside lighting panel and motion-activated lights for minimal disruption during the night
- Turndown wellness surprises, such as personal notes, floral bedtime tea and raw nuts.
- Filtered water replenished daily in glass bottles
- Electric kettle, coffee and herbal tea
- High-speed wireless
- 8 BY OCTAVE signature line of gentle bath products
Sound Healing & Meditation Dome
SANGHA Retreat’s impressive Sound Healing and Meditation Dome is built with precise dimensions to radiate the energy captured from the rising sun, as well as to provide incredible acoustics for an unforgettable aural experience. In addition to the outer rim of quartz crystals, the dome also sits on these crystals to enhance the healing and meditative effects of the treatments and classes held there.
Architecture and Interior Design
The 47-acre retreat flows naturally alongside water, gardens, and unifying courtyards, building a sense of a cohesive community with much architectural merit. Guided by tradition and sustainability, the human-scaled architecture of SANGHA Retreat and OCTAVE Institute is rooted in nature. The award-winning design creates a calm and meditative space where guests feel at home and connected to each other and the environment. Designed collaboratively by: Tsao & McKown New York, with Calvin Tsao as creative director and lead architect, Nery + Hu Shanghai and Yung Ho Chang of Atelier FCJZ Beijing/Shanghai.
AT ONE Healing Spa
The 65,000 square foot AT ONE Healing Spa optimizes mind, body, and spiritual balance through treatments designed to restore and rejuvenate. Natural elements such as water, light, heat, sound, and energy are combined with state-of-the-art wellness technology to provide a holistic healing experience. The design is at once welcoming, luxurious, and understated, perfectly arranged to inspire harmony and relaxation. Explore the exquisite menu of beauty treatments, massages, scrubs, wraps, and traditional therapies, as well as the tempting array of facilities on offer.